Monday, November 15, 2010

Immigration...

I wrote about Immigration (my point of view on it)....
With wind blowing her long hair and dangling earrings, the Utah teenager in the photo crosses both hands over her heart — as if making the biggest wish of her life."I hold hope in my hands," the girl wrote in a note with her portrait. "It is the hope that one day I will be seen as a human instead of an alien.".
Is it fair that once I turn 16 I can't get a job in the country I live in? Is it fair that I get looked down on because the way I speak isn't as “perfect” as the way you do? Is it fair that my people are call aliens and yours are call citizen? can speak English, I learned about the American revolution, and I can say the pledge of allegiance.
I didn't choose to break the law. I didn't choose to come here. But I have done everything you have asked me too do. I just don't understand how people can blame me for a choice I did not make. I had to change my dreams after I began to understand what it means to be an undocumented person in the United States. How can I be a good person in society when I am being held back? I often forget I am different. It's horrible having to remind myself. How often I have to remind myself not to look forward to something , not to get my heart set on a dream that may not become reality.

2 comments:

  1. Imma leave a comment on my own since nobodii did yet =)lls. Well i think the person that wrote this blog is awsome &&nd very intelligent ;). She should gett an A!

    ReplyDelete